SEARCHING WITH POLARIS POWERPAC
You can use Polaris PowerPAC to search for titles in all five of the libraries in the Copiah-Jefferson Regional Library System and all thirteen libraries in the Longleaf Library Consortium.
You can select titles from your search results and request that your library hold them for you to pick up. . Reserved items will only be released to the card under which the request was placed.
THIS IS A FREE SERVICE
To protect your privacy, be sure to log out when you have
finished viewing your account.
Go to copjeflibrary.blogspot.com.
In the upper right corner click on Polaris Online Catalog.
The 'Quick library search' is located in the middle of your screen.
1. Enter information in the Quick library search.
2. Click 'Go!'
The "keyword search for" screen will appear...
3. Enter information in the keyword field. Select a field in the SEARCH BY box to
choose author, title, subject, etc. Click 'GO!'.
1. The search results are displayed.
2. Click on the 'Availability' button to see information about where the item is located and its
availability. When researching/requesting items, pay special attention to the item TYPE to make
sure you don't, for example, order an audio book instead of a printed book.
Directly under each location listed, you will see information about the item's availability. For
0 (of 1) means that there is one copy at this location but it is unavailable
1 (of 1) means that there is one copy at this location and it is available
3. If a specific item is not available, please contact your local library to determine if the item can be
obtained [for free] through the Interlibrary loan service.
REQUESTING AN ITEM
NOTE: Requests cannot be placed if you have overdue items, fines or if you have submitted a change to your patron record.
1. Click on 'Place Request' to request that an item be routed to you. Please note that new books
and audiovisual materials are seldom loaned by other libraries.
The following screen will appear:
- Type your library card number from the back of your library card (all 14 digits, no spaces) into the Barcode Number box, if you are not already logged in.
- Type your password in the Password box.
- Click 'LOG IN'.
2. Designate where you would like to pick up your item(s) by selecting the appropriate Pickup
Library from the drop down menu.
3. The screen will tell you if the request was placed (see image below) or it will tell you how many requests (patrons waiting) are on the title, and then ask if you wish to continue. If it says that
your account is blocked – please call the Library.
4. Log out.